Certificates and Licences

Certificates and Licences image

Flinders Council maintains food safety within the community in a number of different ways: issuing Food Premises and Temporary Food Licences, carrying out food premise audits and food handler training, undertaking food sampling, and investigating food complaints. If providing food at your event, you may need to obtain a Temporary Food Registration permit from Council. Temporary permits last up to 10 days and must be registered at least 10 days prior to the event.

To register for Council's food handler training, please contact the Environmental Health Officer. This short, one-hour training course covers all aspects of food handling, such as temperature control, food storage and safe food handling, and is free for community organisations and groups. This is a recognised training course and participants are provided with a certificate upon completion.

If you are thinking of starting a food enterprise or plan to sell preserves at a market, or if you would like to volunteer at the next Lions Club barbecue or School Kitchen Garden, this is the certificate for you.

Contact the Environmental Health Officer to find out when the next course is running.

If planning regular events or to operate a food business, you may need to apply for annual registration. To find out whether permits are required for your event and how to complete them, please contact the Flinders Council.

• Application for Registration - Food Business

• Application for Registration - Temporary Food Business 

• Temporary Food Stall Guidelines

If you intend to erect a tent, marquee, booth or a stage during your event, you will need to contact Flinders Council to find out requirements needed.  Under Regulation 38 of the Building Regulations 2004, these temporary structures may be exempt or require a Temporary Occupancy Permit to be issued.

Application for Temporary Occupancy Certificate


0.0448 s - Server Process Time

cache - Request Source

336 - Page ID