Council Meeting Dates
Please note the following meeting dates for 2012/2013.
Meeting all start at 1pm and Public Question Time is from 1pm to 1.30pm
- Thursday 17th January 2013
- Thursday 21st February 2013
- Thursday 28th March 2013 (Easter 29th March -1st April)
- Thursday 18th April 2013
- Thursday 16th May 2013
- Thursday 20th June 2013
- Thursday 18th July 2013
- Thursday 15th August 2013
- Thursday 19th September 2013
- Thursday 17th October 2013
- Thursday 28th November 2013
- Thursday 19th December 2013
Public Question Time
It is the policy of the Flinders Council to allow a “Question Time” at Council Meetings during which members of the gallery may ask questions of the Council.
The basis on which questions may be asked is:
- All questions will be addressed through the Chair (being the Mayor in normal circumstances) who will answer them as he/she sees fit. Under no circumstances will members of the gallery be permitted to address or question either elected members or officer’s of the Council. The Chair may delegate answers to the appropriate Councillor.
- Persons addressing the Chair must pay the respect due to that office. Failure to do so may mean their address is terminated without notice.
- Where the answer cannot be provided immediately, it will be provided in writing within 14 days and tabled at the following Council meeting.
- All questioners are encouraged to register their intent to question with the General Manager before the meeting. Preference will be given to those who have so registered.
- Question time shall not extend longer that 30 minutes, and be held between 1.00pm and 1.30pm.