Completion of Performance Improvement Direction
At the 18 October 2022 Closed Council meeting, Council agreed to release the following statement to the public. For further information, please read the minutes of the 18 October 2022 ordinary council meeting on Council’ website.
“As a result of an investigation conducted by the Local Government Division, concluded in December 2018, Flinders Council was issued a Performance Improvement Direction (PID). A number of actions were required to be completed, including, but not limited to:
All Councillors undertaking education in specific subjects.
- That the Council task the Audit Panel with an annual review of a random selection of Council delegated activities to ensure compliance with the Local Government Act 1993 (the Act).
- That the Council ensures that it is compliant with the Part 7, Division 2 (Plans and Report) of the Act and that it specifically ensures that it prepares and maintains a suitable:
- Strategic plan;
- Long-term financial management plan;
- Financial management strategy;
- Long-term strategic asset management plan;
- Asset management policy; and
- Asset management strategy.
On the 2nd of September 2022, Council received correspondence from Nic Street, Minister for Local Government, advising that apart from the final report, due after the term of the current Council expires, Council has now fulfilled all required actions. It seems a fitting time to close this chapter as this Council comes to an end, providing a fresh start for the new, incoming Council.
Council staff must be thanked for their contribution and hard work in ensuring that the required actions were completed.”