Coronavirus Update - Download App
The Australian government has launched a new messaging service on WhatsApp and an app to keep people updated about coronavirus.
The app will keep people up to date with official information and advice, important health advice and a snapshot of the current official status within Australia.
What is WhatsApp?
The whatsapp account acts like a messenger bot and provides people with updates when they type in a number or emoji.
A step by step guide to using the Coronavirus Australia Whatsapp service:
- Download WhatsApp onto your phone.
- Add the government's WhatsApp number into your WhatsApp contacts. The number is +61 400 253 787
- Send the WhatsApp account a message.
- You will receive a message back.
- Follow the instructions to get the information you need.