LRCI Grant Update
During the first two phases of the LRCI (Local Roads and Community Infrastructure) Program grants, Council focused on upgrading and maintaining community assets.
- Interior and exterior painting was undertaken at the Airport
- Improvements to the Rose Garden and public toilets area
- Installation of new stage curtain edging and painting of the FAEC
- Improvements to the Furneaux Museum, Yellow Beach picnic area and Emita Recreation grounds
- Improvements to Whitemark Showgrounds
- New infrastructure at Whitemark Tip Facility
Phase 3 (in progress) will include Road Works such as drainage, resealing, guideposts and signage.
This program supports local councils to deliver priority local road and community infrastructure projects and to help communities bounce back from the COVID-19 pandemic. The program has been delivered in 3 phases.