Northern Tasmania Development
Northern Tasmania Development (NTD) is the northern regional body established by the eight Councils that make up the Northern Tasmanian region. These Councils are: Break O‘Day, Dorset, Flinders, George Town, Launceston City, Meander Valley, Northern Midlands and West Tamar.
NTD's role is to facilitate and coordinate the economic and social development of Northern Tasmania, which encompasses:
- presenting the collective interests of councils in the region and influencing senior decision-makers in government and agencies;
- sharing information and ensuring good communication flows in the region;
- facilitating regional economic development and cooperating to mutually benefit councils, communities and businesses in the region;
- building effective partnerships with State and Commonwealth agencies that make decisions affecting our region;
- developing resource-sharing and other cooperative projects between councils.
Visit the Northern Tasmania Development website for more information.