Palana Rd Update
Updates to Palana Rd project
- Grading and overlay preparation will start this Friday 4th Feb at Five Mile Jim Rd and finish on Monday 7th Feb at Fairhaven Rd.
- This will include the addition of crushed rock where required, grading and levelling of the road in preparation for pavement stabilisation/strengthening.
- Stage 1 will see the stabilisation of 5km of pavement planned to start at Five Mile Jim Rd and head south.
- This process involves mixing cement into the base layers of the road to provide longer-lasting road base and preparation for bitumen surfacing.
- Stage 2 will complete the remaining 1.5km of stabilisation on Palana Rd.
- Spray sealing will be completed in two layers to seal the prepared surface and provide a wearing surface to the pavement.
- Between stabilising and sealing there will be water carts operating along the length of completed works to keep dust down and preserve the surface.
Completion date will be late March/early April 2022