Flinders Council Planning Scheme 2000 is the legal document regulating development in the Municipality. If you are planning to develop your land or property, it must meet the use and development standards of the Planning Scheme.
Each parcel of land has what is known as a “zone”. Depending what “zone” your land is in determines what use and development standards you are required to meet. Zone maps are available on Council’s Planning Scheme webpage. To find out your properties current zoning and overlays, click on the Flinders Planning Scheme Maps linked below:
- Flinders Planning Scheme Sheet 1 (inc. Palana and Killecrankie)
- Flinders Planning Scheme Sheet 2 (inc. Emita, Memana, Lackrana)
- Flinders Planning Scheme Sheet 3 (inc. Lady Barron, Ranga, Cape Barren Island)
- Flinders Planning Scheme Sheet 4 (inc. Cape Barren Island, Clarke Island)
- Flinders Planning Scheme - Whitemark
- Flinders Planning Scheme - Lady Barron
Alternatively, you can follow the written instructions to 'The LIST' here and video below, or contact the Development Services Department at the Flinders Council and quote your property ID number.
Video: Accessing Planning Zone Maps on LISTmap