Zone, Use & Development
The Flinders Planning Scheme 1994 is the legal document regulating development in the Flinders Municipality. The Planning Scheme dictates the use of land, the type of development proposed, in what location (zone) and the potential impacts (overlays).
To view information on a property, visit Land Information System Tasmania (The LIST). Using LISTmap, the online mapping tool, you can find out a property’s current zoning and overlays by entering a street address, Certificate of Title number, or Property ID Number (PID).
Please watch the tutorial video and follow these instructions on accessing LISTmap:
Alternatively, PDF zone maps are provided below:
- Flinders Planning Scheme Sheet 1 (inc. Palana and Killecrankie)
- Flinders Planning Scheme Sheet 2 (inc. Emita, Memana, Lackrana)
- Flinders Planning Scheme Sheet 3 (inc. Lady Barron, Ranga, Cape Barren Island)
- Flinders Planning Scheme Sheet 4 (inc. Cape Barren Island, Clarke Island)
- Flinders Planning Scheme - Whitemark
- Flinders Planning Scheme - Lady Barron
Council encourages you to complete a Development Enquiry Form (001 Form).
This is free service offered to advise if a particular use or development will require a permit and can also identify missing information that is required to complete a Planning Application.