Islander Way Project
Meet the team and hear about the project and how to get involved!
FRIDAY 8 OCTOBER 5PM - 7PM
Please RSVP for catering purposes, phone Council on 6359 5001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Islander Way is a 2-year project that aims to co-design the future of tourism with and for the community using regenerative tourism principles.
The project will chart a pathway for tourism that respects the community’s values, contributes to a resilient economy, and that takes responsibility for the impacts of tourism on the natural environment. It will build on our brand story, The Islander Way, that was co-created by the local community with Brand Tasmania.
The project adopts an innovative community-led approach. Instead of adopting a traditional approach where the outcomes are predetermined, this project is a journey where the outcomes will be co-designed with the community. That means we need your ideas, your genius, and your participation!
We are launching the project with a celebration. It’s an opportunity to learn about the project and the activities that are planned. These activities include:
• Community engagement with a difference - planned to connect, collaborate, and imagine the future of tourism together.
• A visitor economy business support program that encourages local entrepreneurship.
• Coaching, mentoring and learning opportunities
• Visitor experiences that are consistent with the Islander Way values and vision.
• Community initiatives that tap into the visitor economy to address local issues.
• Visitor management initiatives.
The detailed content of the project depends on your participation and the ideas that the community can generate for building better tourism. Take the first step to getting involved by coming along to the launch!
For further information, contact
Dianne Dredge on 0410 604 921 or email email@example.com